Friday 18 September 2009

Stumblings

A brief and hobbledy update this evening. I've been a-making party, and drinking wine. The wine has definitely got better over the last two millennia by the way. I've been dancing, very merrily, with some friends who have promised that they'll be saying hello here soon. A happy note on which to leave, and stumble toward my familiar, unfamiliar bed...

Before I disappear, a juicy nugget of information that I've picked up: the legendary Mahatma Ghandi used to sleep nakedly in bed with teenage girls in order to test his piety and holy resolve. What are we to think?! This I read in a rather nice book I've been absorbed in. Lots of history been going on while I've been away, so I thought I ought to start somewhere and ended up reading a history of the end of the British Raj in India. Fascinating stuff. May I say that as imperialists, you (we?!) Brits might even have taught the Romans a thing or two.

But this all by the by. Must shuffle onward. Buenas noches...

No comments:

Post a Comment